RE: process order (still...)

My $0.02:

Attributes have no inherent order because there is no semantic meaning to
their order. In other words, say I have the following element:

<dog color="brown" name="Fido"/>

There's no significance to the fact that the color comes before the name.
Something like:

<dog name="Fido" color="brown">

conveys exactly the same information. This is why I am a (somewhat
heretical, I fear) advocate of using attributes to represent information
when using XML for data - just like in a relational database, it doesn't
really matter whether piece of information (column) A comes before or after
piece of information (column) B. The only thing that's meaningful about an
attribute is the element to which it's attached, not the order in which it
appears.

- Kevin

Kevin Williams
XML Architect