How to get started with MSXML

List members:

For the benefit of those who don't want to read the following (from an
e-mail to me personally), this good person would like a pointer to a
resource explaining the namespaces supported in MSXML3. Which namespace
should he be using, and how? Where should he go to find out?

___________

At 10:46 AM 4/14/00 +0200, he wrote:
>Hi, I'm Hakan and I'm new on the xsl-list and I have some
>typical newbie questions. As you are issuing info
>on MSXML, maybe I could ask you directly.

I am?

>I'm  using MSXML3 and my problem is as follows:
>
>When I use "www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>the xsl-templates are copied to the output
>rather than the result of the template.

Maybe your 'version' attribute is missing? This is what XSL processors do
when they don't recognize the stylesheet as a stylesheet (typically because
the namespace is wrong: but yours looks okay to me).

>When I use "www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl" it works
>as expected.
>
>Do you know why or could you point out a FAQ
>where I can find such newbie info.

Actually, no I don't, since I don't use MSXML3. The only way I can imagine
your getting this impression is that I recently posted on the difficulties
created by MS's ambiguous support of the specification in the past.

If this information is not readily available on the Microsoft site, I don't
know where I would go to get it. (I'd probably go to the very useful
xslinfo.com, or the FAQ at
http://freespace.virgin.net/b.pawson/xsl/index.html, and hope for a lead.)

But someone on the list would surely be able to say (such as a Microsoft
engineer). Maybe you should ask publicly. Newbie questions are welcome.

>Many thanks in advance
>
>Hakan

You're welcome and good luck,
Wendell