Transforming node to different location in output

Can anyone help me figure out how to transform one
node to a different location in the output, while
simply copying the rest of the nodes as is
to the output? Right now, I can rename a node, but am
interested in placing it in a different location in
the output (this could be either at the same level, or
within another node).

Example:
Input:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<document>
  <tag1>
    <element1>data</element1>
    <element2>data</element2>
  </tag1>
  <tag2>
    <element1>data</element1>
    <element2>data</element2>
  </tag2>
  <tag3>
    <element1>data</element1>
    <element2>data</element2>
  </tag3>
</document>

Output:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<document>
   <newtag1>
      <newelement1>data</newelement1>
      <newelement2>data</newelement2>
   </newtag1>
   <tag2>
      <element1>data</element1>
      <element2>data</element2>
   </tag2>
   <tag3>
      <element1>data</element1>
      <element2>data</element2>
   </tag3>
</document>

The output that I would like to get might be something
like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<document>
   <tag2>