RE: Implementing " and ' in literals

All this might be technically true, but it proves that once you want to use
XPath from an API instead of within XSLT, a common way to get both quotes
and apostrophes is needed. The work-around using translate() works only for
a specific string which happens not to need "X", but not in the generic
case.

Julian