RE: Limitations of Includes in XSL

xsl:include and xsl:import has to be outside template declaration.

> 2) The other issue I'm running into is passing the appropriate root
> document to the XSL widget that's called by the include.  For
> example:  The
> whole form processes TR-300.xml.  The widget processes the
> ChargeListRSQ
> block of code, and the attributes of the tags inside of it.  Since the
> widget needs to look for the ChargeListRSQ block in any XML
> file, it can't
> reference TR-300.xml directly. Since the include cannot be
> inside of the
> <xsl:template> element, the obvious path of inheritance
> doesn't work.  Is
> there any other way to specify "Look at this document" in the
> XSL file,
> while, in turn, having the generic widget not care what the
> document is
> (getting it from the statement above), and look for the attributes
> referenced in the included file.
>
> Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

Its possible to import or include a xsl file inside another one and then
access the imported file's attributes.Or if u r having all ur attributes in
xml file(totally 2xml and 1 xsl),then u can access those attributes inside
the xsl like this:
      <xsl:template match="/">
		<xsl:apply-templates
select="document('yourattributefile.xml')/rootelement"/>
	</xsl:template>

I guess u r trying to include an xsl file inside another one and access the
include file's attributes,right?.If so,it shouldnt give u any problem cause
it doesnt need any special statements or functions.

Francis