Re: Copyright symbol in FOPy

> I posted a similar question yesterday about getting some characters for
> French to display.  Now I need to find a copyright symbol.  Is there a list
> somewhere that explains special characters  and their corresponding codes
> (ie. &#160 = space, &amp = &)?

Numeric character references are derived from the code values in ISO
10646-1:1993 as prescribed by the XML 1.0 Recommendation, but you would do
better to obtain a relatively affordable copy of The Unicode Standard
Version 3.0, which is a printed book available through Amazon or any other
computer book shop.

Online you will find that the references at

 http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/charts.html
 and
 http://charts.unicode.org/

are most helpful in this regard. I also recommend for Windows 9x/NT users,

 http://www.bjondi.com/products/char_agent (a better Character Map)

in conjunction with the Bitstream Cyberbit font at

 ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/extras/fonts/windows/Cyberbit.zip

As for entity references like &, there are only 5 of them in XML and
they are listed in the XML 1.0 Recommendation. They are & < >
&quot; &apos; for & < > " ' respectively. All other entities have to be
declared in the document's DTD.

   - Mike