RE: DTD Files !

:> Although if you wanted to restrict the xml author to a certain
:> schema, you really could not do it without the DTD.
:
:Why on earth not?
:You just change the instructions and/or tools slightly.
:
:Rather than use a DTD and a validating parser, you use a non validating
:parser and arrange that every document has to go through a validating
:XSL stylesheet. You can do far more checks in XSL than you can do in a
:DTD.
:
:David

???  are you talking about a standalone XML document or are
suggesting to test for everything that you want, and if you don't
get a true test then give an error?   Because otherwise, I can tell
my xml to go through a specified stylesheet, and the stylesheet
really does not care what you have or don't have, it will just not
display what it does not recognize.  If I am wrong please correct me.
Actually I know you will anyway :-) !!!!

Eddy