Re: feature request

At 18:19 16/05/2000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>James Robertson writes:
>  > Half-jokingly:
>  >
>  > So this is the way of the future for XSLT?
>  >
>  > If you can't support something in a way that
>  > works (entities), attempt to
>  > convince people that they shouldn't even want
>  > them in the first place ... ?
>
>I don't think its fair to blame XSL for all this. It is going with the
>flow of things like SAX and DOM, which do not provide access to
>entities. For XSLT to do otherwise would be to place a much bigger
>burden on the implementors.

I really don't have a bit stake in this
issue, but ...

Is it better to put the burden on the users or
the implementers?

This is but one of many real-word issues that
has been encountered now that XML/XSL/XPath/etc
has gone "live". If there isn't a committment
to meet real-world needs, what are we all on
about?

Just my $0.02,

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@steptwo.com.au