RE: Your XSL-List post bounced

Hi Paulo,

Paulo said:
One way I can imagine an efficient way of using XSLT to
select and transform a few nodes from a gigabyte XML
document is indexing it - a database thing.

That is something I would like to see implemented.

However, one of the guys from the Oracle Intermedia team
I talked with today, wasn't even familiar with XPath.

Didier reply:
Take a look at SQL 2000 and more particularly at the XML features. Microsoft
made a presentation recently at the Seattle XML SIG about a new feature. It
seems from what the Microsoft guy showed at the presentation that SQL 2000
will support Xpath addressing.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin