RE: null pointer exception in Saxon

>       <xsl:if test="hashtable:get($lookup, @name)">
>
> But, if the hashtable key is not present in the hashtable,
> Saxon throws a null pointer exception.  I would expect the expression in
the xsl:if
> statement to return false.

Interesting. I think it should probably return a java-object-wrapper whose
contained object is null; it's not an unreasonable suggestion that
converting such a value to a boolean should return false. I'll think about
it. At present the effect of calling an external Java function that returns
null is not defined, so the null pointer exception, while unfriendly, is not
exactly a bug.

Mike Kay