Re: what if use of up-to-date xslt processor not an option?

alex chang wrote:

> Mike, thanks for replying to my last post.
>
> Let me start this one off by saying that I am confused between
> xml parsers and xslt processors. Which one is MSXML?

As far as I know (and I'm not a Windows user), MSXML is a DLL
which comes with IE5, which supports a really old draft of the
XSLT spec. It's being steadily updated, and you can get newer
releases that are (more) compliant with the final spec. It
appears that you have the older version with the WD-xsl namespace,
if the following kind-of works.

> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">

> I've been reading an XML Namespaces FAQ, and I thought I might be able
> to work around my problem by having in my xsl:
>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"
> xmlns:trans="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

I doubt that any processor will allow you to combine elements
from different editions of the spec.

If you want to stick with the first MSXML DLL, you should spend some
time looking at the old example files that are available on the MS
website, and see if you can adapt those to do what you want to do.

You should probably put aside your XSLT spec though, because there
is only a superficial resemblance between the two languages.

Hope this helps.

--
Warren Hedley