Space at start of result.

Hello All.

I am writing a servlet that processes an XML file, and returns HTML to the
browser (Started with sample SaxonServlet).

However, the servlet is inserting a blank line at the start of the result,
which is messing things up. The software at the client sees the space and
says "oh, this must be text", and writes it out to a temp file which it then
hands to the browser. In netscape this is not a problem (in fact I didn't
know it was a problem until I tried it in IE), but in IE the text gets
displayed, not the html page that it represents.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how to get rid of it?

Thanks very much for all the help with my previous problems,

Bruce.