Re: XSL FO to HTML Stylesheet

At 15:27 22-06-2000 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
>What do you think about doing a stylesheet from XSL-FO to SVG and then
>running the Adobe SVG plugin in the browser? This would allow accurate
>formatting, the mixing of SVG images, and browsing.

Wouldn't doing FO to SVG (FOS?) require being able to predict where text
breaks?  Maybe not at the individual line level, but certainly at the
rectangle (column or page) level.  I don't think it's possible to implement
that in XSLT, at least not without implementing a full XSL rendering
algorithm in XSL (possible, since XSLT is Turing complete, but I certainly
don't want to think about it).

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Yomu: <URL:http://www.yomu.com/>