RE: header/footer: How to to separate html-tag in to different xsl-template rules?

> How could I separate headers and footers in my xsl-templates?
> My problem is, that I cannot have a tag like "body" in an
> <xsl:template>, without closing it.

No, your problem is that you are thinking tags, not nodes. XSLT transforms
an input tree into a result tree, and trees contain nodes, not tags.
Creating a node in the result tree is an atomic operation, you can't write
half a node.

Mike Kay