RE: East-Asian Output encoding with XSLT?

Raffaele,

Thank you for these hints. The Japanese site you mentioned does not
transcode, since input and output are both Japanese EUC.  The site at
Academia Sinica has a lot of relevant resources, but does not answer this
specific question. So I am still at a loss which XSLT processors support the
output encoding statement for other encodings.  I am trying to avoid to wrap
the stylesheet with a unicode transcoder, since the original intent of the
output encoding seems to be exactly what I need.

All the best,

Christian