From: "Abhishek Srivastava" <abisheks@india.hp.com>
To: <xsl-list@mulberrytech.com>
Subject: XSL rendering on IE 5
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:09:54 +0200
Sender: owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com

Hi,

I wrote a style sheet and got perfect results with Xalan.

Now I added the line
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="file:///c:/myStyle.xsl" ?>
below my <?xml version='1.0' ?> line in my XML document.

when i open the XML document in IE 5, it should do the rendering based on
the style sheet. But the result is a complete garbled up rendering. So what
went wrong? My Style sheet should be OK as it works perfectly with Xalan.
Also, since XSL is a standard, a style sheet which gets rendered properly
from one processor should also get rendered properly by another processor.
Is this a wrong assumption ?

Someone, may ask that why do i need this.... Ok i try to find out whether
the client browser is XSL enabled (IE 5, Netscape 6.0) if yes, then i'll
give him the xsl and xml and let him to the processing. if he is not !! then
i'll run my server side script (asp/jsp) to do the rendering.

regards,
Abhishek.