Re: Self documentation, my crude stab in that direction

/ "Pawson, David" <DPawson@rnib.org.uk> was heard to say:
| >For each
| >template/variable/etc., I have an element in the doc: namespace that
| >contains documentation for it. My goal (as yet only partially
| >achieved) is to write stylesheets that build (reference/API)
| >documentation from this system. (This system isn't meant to address
| >tutorial and end-user documentation.)
|
| Stepping back a little Norm.
| Just checking understanding.
| From the example I think you want to produce docbook xml
| (as documentation) from the docbook xsl stylesheets.
| Then to (presumably) use your docbook stylesheets again
| to format that into pdf/html?
|
| Is that your objective?

Yes. The stylesheets are supposed to work directly, unmodified as XSLT
stylesheets. As documentation, they're run through another XSLT
stylesheet that produces (a set of) reference pages in XML. Those are
further processed (probably combined with prose documentation written
separate from the stylehsheets (for some definition of probably :-))
to produce HTML or RTF.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM | If you are hankering after certainty, you
XML Technology Center     | are better advised to seek it in religion: