Re: WYSIWYG XSL Editors

At 4:06 PM -0400 7/23/00, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 23/07/00 00:39:21 GMT Daylight Time,
>sia_rahimi@hotmail.com writes:
><<
>It provides a three window editor for XML, XSL, and html output.
>It allows you to import html and design XSL from it.
>Also allows you to define HTML structures from XML in Wysiwyg way, the xsl
>of which you can save. However, the wysiwyg is not as good as something
>like Dreamweaver, but through the import process you can get around that.
>
>The XSL editor is excellent. It even has auto-complete, suggesting possible
>attributes, and keeping track of non-ended tags.
>
>Available from exceloncorp.com
>  >>

>Unfortunately the trial download requires Windows NT or Windows 2000 to run.
>That is something you find out only after you waste time downloading to a
>Windows 9x machine. Not good customer relations by excelon IMHO. It also
>seems to me to be very shortsighted from a marketing point of view. Surely
>there are many potential users excluded from using Stylus by this operating
>system choice on the part of excelon.
>
>So if you have only Windows 9x I suggest you don't waste your time trying the
>download.
>
>Andrew Watt

I got burned by this also, wish I'd seen your message first! It seems
odd to me that Win9x would be excluded from their supported platform
list when they include NT/2000.

Sounds like a good product start though, anyone know of any other
similar editors for Win9x, Mac, Linux?

Thanks

--
ah.

Andy Hunt
Manager, Online Documentation
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Voice: 217-398-0700  ext.260;  Fax:  217-398-0747
Email: andy@wolfram.com; http://www.wolfram.com/