problems with JSP/XML/XSL

Hello Again:

I have a small problem. I have a JSP program which consists of XML and
also reference to XSL (for transforming). This is how I went about creating
the JSP file:

1) I created a small XML file and also XSL file on my windows NT machine.
    Everything works fine when seen in the browser (IE5).
2) Now I copy all this files on to my linux machine. My Linux machine has
    the following:
    1) Apache 1.3.12
    2) Tomcat 3.1
    3) mySQL database.
3) Everything works file here too when viewed from the browser.
4) Now I renamed my XML file to JSP file (so that I can put some JSP
    instructions)
5) Now boom, nothing works. XSL transformations does not take place.
    But though I see some values out, they are not formatted, like none
    of the HTML is applied. It is just a raw XML data comming out to the
    browser (not in the tag format) is there any problem with the Servlet
    Engine which I am use such as tomcat? or anything else?

This JSP file which I have created is quite a simple one and technically
speaking it should work. I don't know where I am going wrong.

Any pointers on this would be of great help to me.

thanks
Rohit Peyyeti