RE: Conditinally including an XSL module

Mike Kay wrote:
<kay>
So what's the underlying requirement that people would like a "run-time
include" to satisfy? Presumably it's to have a different set of template
rules depending on what you find in the source document, and perhaps to have
different sets of template rules in force at different times. That looks
rather like an extension of the "mode" concept, with the ability to select
the processing mode dynamically, and to make it "sticky". Perhaps even to
set the default mode, so that <xsl:apply-templates/> will only look for
rules with "mode='xyz'". Am I right?
</kay>

In my case, I want a base stylesheet that contains the header and footer for
my site.  As the site grows, I don't want to continually update the base
stylesheet by adding an 'include' tag to include a new template file and
some 'when' tag to call templates in the right mode.  I see how your
suggestion solves the second problem, but not how it solves the first.

Note:
For now, I'm adding the include node to the base stylesheet's DOM at runtime
before performing transformations.