RE: Conditinally including an XSL module

> We've added an extension called set-mode which accepts an AVT
> so that one can
> piggy-back off global parameters to set a default mode.

I was considering something remarkably similar for Saxon, I only didn't put
it in because it looked a little bit more complex to implement than I first
imagined (Saxon currently binds the mode name to a set of candidate patterns
at compile time).

I'm slightly surprised you've put the extension element inside the
xsl:apply-templates rather than outside - my reading is that extension
elements are only supposed to go in a context where an instruction can
appear. (Saxon would reject your stylesheet, I think).

Do you make the default mode "sticky", i.e. does it apply only to the
immediate call of xsl:apply-templates, or to other nested calls?

Mike Kay