RE: apply templates with with-param on Xalan

 Thanks all for the help,
  Yes I was confused by the root node, I put a
root node template into my list template, and passed the parameter through.  Now I have the
form of templates that I wanted.

In summary, I now have a set of business information identifiers that the DHTML creaters embed in their files, and that get filled out out by my transform, from a set of business items in XML.  These in turn come from XSP processors or files.

Im happy.

Thanks,
Pete
--

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:37:45   Linda van den Brink wrote:
>> So now Im unsure how to proceede.  I still dont understand
>> why the parameter is not set up, even though (it seems) the
>> list root element has been correctly matched.  But when I add
>> the /list to the document() call, the parameter is correctly set up.
>
>Maybe you are just confused about terminology. Realize that an XML document
>has a 'root node', that has one child element: in your case, a list element.
>The list element is not the same as the root. You would call the list
>element a 'document element' or 'top-level element'.
>
>You can also look at the FAQ under Terminology:
>http://www.dpawson.freeserve.co.uk/xsl/jargon.html
>
>Linda

Before you buy.