RE: Importing stylesheets Precedence Info

Steven,

>The first was interesting. It works fine (i think) if only one of the
>templates you imported have a match, but in my case, if I imported 5
>stylesheet "fragments" and each one had a <xsl:template match="/"> then I
>think only the first imported one would be matched with apply-imports..i
>want to match them all.

I'm glad you've got it working anyway, and I don't want to distract you
from pursuing your current solution, but I think you could get it working
if you:

(a) rather than having all the imports occur in one stylesheet, have only
one stylesheet imported at each stage (with that stylesheet importing the
next stylesheet and so on) and

(b) put xsl:apply-imports in all the relevant templates in the stylesheets
that do some importing

Of course, it's a solution that is quite a lot of hassle and may cause
problems for other reasons, so I certainly won't be offended if you don't
use it ;)

It's not clear to me why xsl:apply-imports was designed only applies
templates found in the first imported stylesheet rather than doing so in
import-precedence order.  Perhaps someone can shed light on this?

Cheers,

Jeni

Dr Jeni Tennison
Epistemics Ltd * Strelley Hall * Nottingham * NG8 6PE
tel: 0115 906 1301 * fax: 0115 906 1304 * email: jeni.tennison@epistemics.co.uk