Re: Is there an elegant way to copy a DOCTYPE declaration from one doc to another?

Joe,

Joe Ward wrote:

> So far, the only way I've found to keep the doctype declaration intact after
> a "pass-through" transformation is to hide a copy of the declaration in a
> comment via a pre-processor and then extract it.
>
> Is there a more elegant way? (Frankly, if I have to write a preprocess
> script, I might as well skip XSLT altogether.)

I have posted the description of a possible solution to this issue:
http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/09/xslt/xslt.html

> Is this a major flaw in XSLT?

Not really in XSLT, rather on the layered architecture below XSLT (the
information is lost by the SAX interface).

Eric