Re: Line Numbering

Jeni Tennison wrote:
> >I know that xml is not about formatting, but I need  to transform some xml
> >to html that will allow me to put sixty charecters on a line and then break.
>
> This is best done with a recursive named template to which you pass the
> string and that outputs it 60 characters at a time.

That will just give you short strings.

I was under the impression that he wants the serialized result
tree to be subjected to the hard limit. For example, this is undesirable:

     <head>
           <title>this title is less than 60 characters</title>
     </head>

It would need to have <title> wrapped onto 2 lines because even though the
text in the title is short, the line of output (including start/end tags
and indenting) exceeds the 60 character limit.

   - Mike