Re: xsl:template - matching template with the name which is not in XML/DOM

Babu:

If I understand correctly, you want not <xsl:apply-templates
select="CHECK"/> but rather <xsl:call-template name="CHECK"/>.

<xsl:apply-templates select="CHECK"/> would select any element children of
the context node (the node currently being processed), and apply any
available matching templates to them. Since the source document has no such
CHECK elements, none would ever be selected, and hence no templates would
ever be fired.

<xsl:call-template name="CHECK">, however, allows you to call a template by
name, as if it were a function.

See XSLT, section 6.

Good luck,
Wendell