Re: Requirements for XSLT 1.1 (rtf/node set to boolean coercion)

David,

| The new requirements document is worded so as to
| imply that the only difference between rtf and
| node-set is the restriction of the allowed operators.
|
| I had thought that the other difference was coercion
| to boolean

I think you answered your own question, but in addition
to 'xt' and 'xalan', I went and double-checked 'msxsl3'
and 'oraclexsl' and 'nsxsl' (Novell's XSLT implementation
used in their DirXML product) and all of these implementations
produce the same output.

a:
b: true
c:
d: true

to your test due to the combination of the statements that:

[XSLT, When a permitted operation is performed on a
       result tree fragment, it is performed exactly
       as it would be on the equivalent node-set.]

[XPath, a node-set is true if and only if it is non-empty]