Re: XSLT and SVG

Chris Bayes wrote:
> Chris Lilley wrote:
> >Just pointing out that nothing precludes using style elements of external
> >stylesheets in SVG.
>
> No very true but they don't normally override style attributes on elements.

That depends on their specificity - if its greater than 100 then clearly
they will override them.

> >Also, why edit a style attribute?
>
> Why not it was just an excersize.

Oh - ok.

> >Why not just add a
> >selector of higher specificity that overrides the property you want to
> >change?
>
> Not sure what you mean here.

Specificity, as defined in the CSS spoec.

> Are you talking about !important or
no.

> I think it is cleaner to change the style attribute rather than overriding
> things or having external stylesheets. Less stuff to transmit and maintain.

If you are worried about maintenence, don't use style attributes.

> >> So what looked like a simple answer to a simple problem *isn't*. Maybe Ms
> >> and Mike can shed some light on this
> >
> >I think this is a case where server-side DOM 2 makes more sense than
> >server-side XSL-T.
>
> Possibly but the question was about XSLT and the more weapons in your
> armoury the better.

True, and its interesting to discuss edge cases and push the envelope, but
its also wise to point out when someone is using a cone wrench as a hammer
;-)

--
Chris