Re: DOM and SAX???

At 11:11 AM 10/05/2000 +0000, Farhan Sarwar wrote:
>Well can anyone tell that where do we use DOM and SAX as far as XML is
>concerned can't ew do the way they do by means of an XSL.....

By scripting/programming the DOM, or using SAX to process XML as a stream,
you can do far more with XML than you can with XSLT. They are lower-level
interfaces to a document structure. XSLT processors will typically use DOM-
or SAX-like processing themselves. So your question is similar to "Why
would we use assembly language to develop an application, if we've got C++?"

If all you need is the higher-level language's features, then you don't
need to worry too much about the lower-level languages.

XSLT may provide, say, 80-90% of the functionality most people may need for
80-90% of their applications. Many people use a mixture of both, though,
when they find that "pure XSLT" just won't let them do one thing or the other.