RE: SAX or DOM for XSLT

Well, the transform DOM need only be loaded once, and then you can keep that
pre-compiled cached in memory (ASP application scope or whatever).  If you
do a search for "Inside MSXML performance" (or something like that) by Chris
Lovett on MSDN, it has code samples of doing precompiled XSLT in server-side
web apps.  I think it would be really tough getting full XSLT compliance
(key() comes to mind) if you used sax to process the transform (or at least
multiple passes would be necessary).  You could always break up the XML with
SAX2 and process the chunks with XSLT.  That's probably the best option with
big files anyway, if you can design it that way.  Also depends on the
server-side application.  Saying you want to run XSLT on a 2MB XML file for
each web page request is perhaps betraying a design issue.  Nobody can read
that much data, so you are likely doing aggregation, which maybe should be
done another way (and certainly not on every request).

Xt allows sax-based XSLT, I am not sure about any others.