RE: MSXML3.0 and Java

What do you mean specifically about "support for Java"?  I don't think the
XML or XSLT specs require anything regarding Java (there might something
about, *if* someone decides to do bindings to ecmascript or Java, etc.. but
no requirements).  Since the MSXML parser is a COM object, you can use
whatever compiled or scripted language you want to invoke it (as long as the
language runtime you are using supports IDispatch, and Java support for COM
does exist).  The proprietary msxsl:script extension function also supports
calling any scripting language from within the XSL transform, and could
technically be used to call compiled Java code, but I'm not aware of any
scenarios where someone would want to do such a thing..

Also sometimes people ask about the Java implementation of a parser that is
up on MSDN?  That is not going to be maintained afaik; you could regard it
as a sample -- the newest parsers are COM for highest performance and
greatest language-neutrality.  If you want a parser implemented in a
specific language you can find parsers in Java, C++, and Python (at least)
readily available.