Digest format change?

Over the past few days, digests have started appearing as MIME attachments
rather than as plaintext. I would strongly prefer text; I don't think this
topic particularly needs rich text, images, or other complexities, and in
these days of viruses and worms I'm feeling an even stronger sense that the
more complex format has drawbacks beyond simple bandwidth costs.

One vote to switch back, unless there's an overwhelming reason for the
change.