RE: Entity Reference Question

At 27 Oct 2000 10:52 +0100, Lee Goddard wrote:
 > Yesterday I found unicode.org, which has lists
 > of unicode char sets.  XML is by default
 > UTF-8, must support UTF-16, so that site
 > may help.  They have visual charts.

All conformant XML processors must support both UTF-8 and UTF-16.
UTF-8 and UTF-16 are just two ways of representing the characters
defined by the Unicode Standard.

An XML processor can support any other encoding that the processor's
creator cares to implement, and you can use XML in any encoding that
your XML processor supports -- if you try to process an XML document
that is in an encoding that your XML processor doesn't support,
however, you'll get a fatal error.

Whatever encoding you use, you can make numeric character references
to any character defined by the Unicode Standard.

To bring this back to XSL, your XSL processor should operate this way
since you're working with XML documents.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632