Re: child and descendant: what is the difference really

> but I don't understand my answer as I would have expected:
> <xsl:copy-of select="text() | descendant::node()" />

The thing you're missing is that if you copy a node all its descendants
and attributes and other junk comes along for the ride.

So, the select only selects child nodes, but you end up with all
descendents if you do a copy of.

copy-of select="/"

gives you a copy of the whole document, even though it just selects one
node.

David