Re: DOCTYPE

Rainer,

>I have a Problem with a data-element, containing an ENTITY, defined in the
><!DOCTYPE>.
>For example:
><!DOCTYPE PACKAGE SYSTEM "package.dtd" [<ENTITY a12345.jpg SYSTEM
>"a12345.jpg" NDATA JPG>]>

You've not made it clear what the problem is with the above.

If you've got the above in your source document, then this is an XML
problem rather than an XSLT problem and thus out of scope for this list.
Possibly your problem is the missing ! in <!ENTITY.

If the problem is that you need to define the above DOCTYPE within the
output, then I'm afraid that with this version of XSLT there's no easy way
to do it.  The closest that you can get is to insert the DOCTYPE through
disabling output escaping and adding the DOCTYPE by hand:

  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[
    <!DOCTYPE PACKAGE SYSTEM "package.dtd" [
      <!ENTITY a1234.jpg SYSTEM "a12345.jpg" NDATA JPG>
    ]]>
  ]]></xsl:text>

I hope that this helps: if it doesn't, I suggest you post a more detailed
explanation of the problem you're encountering.

Cheers,

Jeni

Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com/