namespaces in XSL Help

I know that there are 2 namespaces for XSL available:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl and http://www.w3.org/1999/xsl/Transform

can anyone tell me what's the difference?  because I'm trying to use VB to
combine the XML and XSL together and then show in a browser window.  but if
I use the 2nd namespace, it doesn't show.  as for the 1st namespace, it
shows, but there are some problems with the programming part, e.g. the if
statements don't work properly.

Rosa