Re: self axis and attributes

Kevin,

>> Am I missing something? Is there any way of testing the identity of
>> namespaced attributes while retaining independence between the source
>> and stylesheet and without testing the namespace-uri()?
>
> It's a bit ugly but I think this works,
[snip]
>       <xsl:variable name="dem" select="generate-id(@dem:count)"/>
>       <xsl:copy-of select="@*[generate-id()!=$dem]" />

Or squash it all into one line like:

  <xsl:copy-of
    select="@*[generate-id() != generate-id(current()/@dem:count)]" />

It is unwieldy, but not as unwieldy as testing namespace-uris!  Good
thinking.

> Of course its not so easy if you are dealing with more than one attribute...

Nor is the other solution, though.  This is a better workaround.

Thanks very much,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison