Re: Conformance of iXSLT ?

At 10:38 29/11/00 +0000, you wrote:
>   The part of the code is the following :
>   <xsl:variable name="ln_subframe" select="name(*)"/>
>   <xsl:number level="any"
>          count="*[*/caption and name(*)=$ln_subframe]"
>          format="1 "/>
>

>that's legal, but rather strange.
>
>* selects all the children of the current node.
>name() given a node set gives the name of the first node in the node
>set in document order.
>
>so ln_subframe is the name of the first child.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you : there is only one child for the frame element.

>Then
>
>  level="any"
>          count="*
>
>selects all previous nodes in the document and  filters so you
>count only those nodes that have a grandchild called caption,
>and a first child which has the same name as the first child
>of the current node (but this need not be the parent of the caption
>element)
>
>David

See previous remark.

I know what it does, I wrote it...

What I want to know is if it is legal, and in that case, does anyone use
iXSLT in a project, and is it conformant.

--
Paul TERRAY - Ingénieur Systèmes Documentaires
Centre d'affaires - 22, rue Etienne de Jouy