My Transformation can't be displayed...

Hi all,

I am very new to XSL, so please excuse the newbie question. I have the
following xsl and xml..a "very" short example to see if I can transform it.
Is there something wrong with the two files? For some reason, the output
isn't able to be displayed by MSIE. If you could possibly help me out on
what is wrong with either file, or why the output keeps on displaying the
UTF-8 thing..which seems to be the thing that is choking MSIE. Also, if you
can provide links to, or actual examples of, xml and xsl files that should
transform? I might be able to feed them in and make sure my code is working
right.

Thanks.

XSL:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"