Re: the nearest ancestor with the attribute

Hi Dimitre,

I think I've got it straight in my head now...

> 1. Some nodes will have attributes that were not explicitly
> expressed in the text of the xml document, but were
> defined/defaulted in a DTD. What will be the "document order" for @*
> in this case?

I expect that they'll be sorted in the same implementation-specific
order as the rest of the attributes: probably alphabetically.

> 2. (//* | //@*)
> What is the "document order for the above node-set?

The document element, its attributes, its first child, its attributes,
its first child, its attributes and so on.  Basically, the element
first, then the attributes defined on that element, then the element
children of that element.  In:

<foo bar="bar">
  <baz />
</foo>

The document order would be the foo element, the bar attribute and the
baz element.

Cheers,

Jeni

---