XML 2 XML

Well at the moment I've written an XSL for my XML for it to transform into
another XML. I do know how to see the result HTML for transformations that
goes from XML to HTML: just double click on the icon in the explorer.
However, when I double click for a transformation that goes XML to XML, all
i see are the texts that comes between tags.  How can I see the tranformed
new XML in a format such as

<tag1>
   <tag2/>
   <tag3/>