Re: JAXP and Coccoon

When I was running a Cocoon setup for the Electronic Text Centre at
Leeds, it was used for several trouble-free months on a production
server in a way that exploited a good number of the added-value things
on Mike K's list, i.e.
> document  caching, rule-based stylesheet selection, support of
> alternative browsers and other delivery media

and it served up the site from a more or less pure xml base very well.

Now I've been driven away from there, the thing no longer works, but
it could easily be brought back to life if they got someone in who
knew what they were doing. The best thing about it, compared with
other delivery platforms using xslt that I evaluated, was that you can
get it working reasonably well out of the box, then while it's working
you can explore in your own time *how* it works and start tweaking at
will. With the other packages that make similar claims, I found too
many weeks went by with nothing but error messages flashing by.

Michael