Re: how can check whether an attribute exists or not?

   David Carlisle a écrit :

I regret to say my French is even worse than my English (which as any
reader of this list will know, is pretty bad:-)

   > > <xsl:when test="@href=''">
   >
   > That tests if the string value is empty, which is true if there isn't an
   > attribute or of it s explictly empty.

   you mean that if i have:
   <ok>my_string</ok> in my XML file

   i could test <xsl:when test="@ok=''">
   to know if my_string is empty or not ?

No I meant the string value of the attribute, not the string value of
the element (that's what the @ is doing) but without the @:

 <xsl:when test="ok=''">

(if executed in a template for the parent element) would test if the
first ok child had an empty string as its string value (which isn't the
test It would also be true if there were no ok elements.

David