Re: Detecting presence of attributes

> I think translate SP to "," might also do it.

It depends what you want to do. If you just want to put them out as text,
but if you want to process each one, get its associated URI etc, you'll
need to recurse.

But you should think of recursive templates are a pleasure, not a chore,
otherwise you'll never get on with XSLT.

It could be worse: \ifcat#1=10 \foo\expandafter\else\bar\expandafter\fi
to use an idiom in a language we both know well...

David