Returning Xpath functions in script

I am developing an XSLT that uses JScript to influence the transformation.
The problem i am having is that I need to access the - position() XPath
function from within my script.

I have tried most variations around the theme -

	objCurrentNode.selectSingleNode("Position()").text

But alas lots of errors and nothing on MSDN.  Help would be very
appreciated.  (I would just settle for the ability to return the index
number relative to the parent)

Using MSXML 2.6, from an ASP (transformNode method)

Thanks

Simon Cansick
sc@access-accounts.com

Access Accounting Ltd
The Old School, Stratford St Mary,
Colchester, Essex. CO7 6LZ, United Kingdom.
Phone     +44 (0) 1206 322575
Fax       +44 (0) 1206 322956
Internet  http://www.access-accounts.com
          http://www.accessweb.co.uk
Access Accounts - The Brand Leader in e-commerce financials

This message is confidential; its contents do not constitute a commitment by
Access Accounting Ltd except where provided for in a written agreement
between you and Access Accounting Ltd. Any opinions expressed within this
email are those of the author and are not necessarily endorsed by Access
Accounting Ltd.

Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial,
is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the
sender immediately.