Re: International Characters in attributes

On Monday, February 12, 2001 4:43 PM
Francois Lachance wrote:

> do you create XSLT stylesheets that not only deliver material
suitable for
> rendering on early model browsers but also embed a message
suggesting
> users might wish to update their browser?

I do indeed, and regularly get hate email as a result. To see one of
my dire warnings, go to
http://www.mbeddow.net/foh and pick any of the chapters using an older
browser.

This practice is currently described on a Web page linking to one of
my sites as "incredibly stupid".

> I did smile when I imagined any committee, academic or otherwise,
trying
> to decide how to open a box for software that can and is shipped
without
> boxes over a network. :)

Ah no, the box contains the license agreement which you accept unread
by breaking the seal, once the committee has agreed on a suitable
implement, that is.

Michael