Re: regarding xsl:script

On Tuesday, February 13, 2001 11:46 PM
Rosa I-Ting Cheng wrote:

> can anyone please tell me whether xsl:script is processed during
> transformation or the chunk between the xsl:script tags are only
copied
> directly into the HTML so that its just like having the script
written
> between <SCRIPT> HTML tags?

This is a mix-up, though an understandable one. You're right about
what the <script> elements are for if you're outputting to html, but
xsl:script is a very different animal. In the current XSLT spec it
doesn't exist. It was present in ther early unofficial version that is
in the old MS implementation; and, if the various issued reflected in
to come into XSLT 1.1. In the meantime, if you want to do what
xsl:script (i.e. call routines in some language other thant XSLT as
part of the tranform process) does you have to use an extension
function, and how you do that is dependent on your XSLT processor (and
maybe also the platform it's running on.

Michael