RE: Converting a string to a node set

> I have a dataset containing CDATA blocks which actualy
> contains XML data. I
> would like to be able to take the CDATA node and convert it
> to a node set
> within a XSL processor, is there anyway of doing this in the
> XSL standard?

If you mean you have something like

then no; the whole point of CDATA is to tell the processor to treat the "<"
and ">" within it as ordinary characters, not as XML markup. If you want to
treat it as markup, why include it in CDATA?

The only way out if you have to cope with this kind of document design is to
extract the text node containing the CDATA and put it through an XML parser,
which can't be done within XSLT, except by external functions.

Mike Kay