RE: Re: FXPath - A comment on EXSL

The main approach was that since the whole function
should be implemented in FXPath, why stuff it inside an attribute
just for the sake of it? As I see it, it has two positive effects not
putting it inside and attribute: there is less risk for string quote
conflicts
and you can add inline comments. However, these arguments are not
strong, and if it appears important for consistency that a FXPath lives
inside an attribute value then we can put it there.

the above was one of my first questions when I came to XSLT.
Why is 'the useful stuff' all inside attributes?

With DSSSL I can 'validate' the stylesheet using a scheme system.
With XSLT I can 'mostly' validate the stylesheet using a parser.

If we are going to lose xml validity, I'd like it to be replaced
with something as good as/ better.

<voice type="tiny">I'd settle for scheme</voice>

Regards DaveP