Re: RDDL as a delivery vehicle for XSLT extensions?

> I don't think the point is saving keystrokes.  The point is reducing
> errors and easing maintenance.  Namespace URIs can be long and
> unfriendly (like uuid:); having to put the same URI in multiple places
> in a single document is error-prone and makes maintenance harder. (Yes,
> I know you could use entities, but entities aren't part of everybody's
> long term vision for XML.)

Since use of a prefix would be most convenient for XSLT 1.1 and use of a
namespace URI would be most convenient for SVG and other applications
that may be generated using XSLT 1.0, could we have an implements
attribute whose value is a union type, either a NCName or a
URIReference?  If relative URI's are explicitly prohibited for script
namespaces, there would be no overlap of their lexical space.